the things she does...

This post is dedicated to all of our family who live far away in an effort to help you get to know V's personality a bit more. She does and says so many things that just make her her. Wish you could witness it as she grows and changes so fast! But here is at least a little bit of V. All of these are things she does EVERY DAY. That's why I say they are so her.


Often when I can't find Violet she is snug in a corner or chair enjoying a book by herself...


























(Sorry, wish they were't blurry.)





She tries on whomever's shoes are lying around. "CHhchshschchhhh", she calls them. A difficult word to spell to be sure. She holds the CH sound like there are marbles in her mouth. Yes, lots of her words sound like marbles are in her mouth. Especially when she babbles. Another Violet trait. It's so funny!

























She sits on the dog like this. I think she wishes the dog would stand up and let Violet ride her like a pony. Alas, Margot always just lays there.


















Mostly, Violet can be found gathering things. She gathers and gathers. She pretends she is leaving for work or something. Then I hear this "MMMMMmmm" getting nearer and nearer. She MUST find someone to plant a kiss on. Upon bending down from whatever I am doing to offer my lips she quickly "MMM-Wah!"s and is off with a wave and a "BYE!"

Comments

Mindy said…
Aww, thanks so much! I wish I was there to see them myself! Haha...love the riding the dog. And the reading the books is so cute. Heck, it's all so cute! Love you all!
Nettester71 said…
Totally sweet. Thanks for sharing the day in and day out. Makes me smile.
Jen said…
I think I can start to see a little bit more of you in her. So cute!
Beth said…
Very sweet post Erin. Can't wait for a chance to get to know her better.
Lizzy said…
simply cuteness!!!! thanx for posting about her adorable quirks and the things that "make her her".
Diane said…
mmm I miss that girl.. Give her a MMM-wah from Mimi!
Katherine M. said…
What a doll-baby! She is so precious. Maybe her "gathering" indicates an affinity for shopping:)
Anonymous said…
It's so interesting to view all your comments, pictures, and your work on the blog, remembering that I once had many of the same thoughts and experiences, but didn't have this venue to record it all! I remember many of the same types of events, and similar feelings, and knew I had to treasure them in my heart and jot down what I could. Sometimes it brings tears. But I think it's so wonderful that you're able to do this, for us and for you, and that you could have a hard copy/CD/book for posterity, too! I love it so much, and I never feel separated by miles the way my mom did. Thanks! I consider it a daily gift. Kiss, kiss XXOO hug, hug! Love, Grammy
Sam said…
She looks like she has so much personality! I can't wait to meet her! I love how you embrace the moments with Violet - life moves so fast!

Popular Posts