nature journals.

Nature journaling is all the rage. Okay, it isn't. But it is here, for Violet and me.


I picked up this book a couple years ago, and recently V has been thumbing through the pages and gained  inspiration to take note of the world around her. I've never, ever drawn before. But (it must be the entering-my-30s-mid-life-crisis thing again) I've gathered pencils and a sketch book of my own and I'm finding this whole thing feels rather...satisfying.




Nature journaling is about quick sketches, brief notes, and just getting down on paper anything your senses are soaking in from the wild around you (or from your neatly manicured, calm, controlled suburbia backyard as I tend to find myself more often than I'd like).  It draws me in to notice things I otherwise wouldn't. And, like any kind of journaling, the notes and sketches bring back the feelings of those moments where you were restored and refreshed in God's creation.









The book is SO inspiring. Makes me want to simply get outside. It's full of tips and techniques and TONS of the authors own journal pages. It's beautiful.





Comments

Popular Posts