free tickets and news from today.

Super excited.  See, there's this conference coming up this weekend.  It's for foster and adoptive families and it's here in the big D.  Dr. Karen Purvis is speaking at it and she is someone Dru and I really respect and who's teachings and book have been soooo helpful to us.  So much so that I interrupt this regularly scheduled blog post to urge you (as I have before)--

--if you are even considering being involved in any way with a child who is adopted, in foster care, or comes from, as Dr. Purvis says, "hard places", if you are adopting, or know someone who is adopting and want to be supportive, I highly suggest going as quickly as possible to this website, getting this book, or even going to this conference with us this weekend.  I believe this material can truly be life changing for parents and adopted/foster kids.  Things we have learned from Dr. Purvis have transformed my understanding of how to care for children from hard places and I believe this material can be a huuuuge blessing to some families.--

Okay, now that I got that out of the way, :) back to why I am so excited today.  So, we were planning to go this weekend and even have babysitting lined up for Saturday (my mom offered to have the kids).  However, I had totally procrastinated registering and was dragging my feet because of the cost.  Then yesterday I got an email from our agency saying that another family within the agency would not be able to use their already-purchased tickets and would like to give them away.  Yes, please!!!  Everything has worked out and now we will be spending all day Saturday being encouraged and learning from Dr. Purvis.  Can't wait!!!

Also, an update, please continue praying for Mowgli's case.  The plot continues to thicken with twists we never could have foreseen--a big one being mom getting out of prison and being at the Permanency Conference (basically an update meeting for everyone involved with M) that we had this morning with cps.  I don't really have any idea what's going on with that and what happened to her charges...time will tell.  So crazy.  We know that we could literally have days left with him so we are continuing to talk with everyone we can and advocate for him.

Right now, our biggest request is that they post-pone M's placement with his grandparents for several reasons all of which I can't go into right now.  His grandparents are sweet, mean well, and are looking forward to having him, but I am concerned that this may not be his final, permanent placement and I strongly desire to keep M's moves to a minimum.  He has come so far and is finally so content here.  A move means everything he knows changes.  It's a culture shock that effects his development, his health, his sense of trust...every part of him.  Please pray that cps will just allow him to stay with us until his future in sorted out, til the case is closed (probably August).

That's all I got for today. :)

Comments

amber said…
I ordered the book after I read this post. Can't wait to read it! This is near to my heart, and I am learning as I watch you guys walk through it. I also want to be supportive! Thanks for all the info! Tell us how the conference went. :)

Popular Posts