things too soon & things not soon enough.

I really miss my Uncle John today. When he passed away I still had things to say. He had called me a few days earlier and left me a message to let me know he loved me. I didn't get around to calling him back before it was too late.

We had a scary little incident with Augie recently. Everything turned out okay--he is totally fine--but it made my thoughts wander to if I lost him now how it would be too soon. I think if I lost one of my kids' when I'm 60 it'd be too soon, too. Life is so, so brief. It's filled with joys, yes, but also much suffering. I'm so grateful for the hope I have in something bigger than all of this. And I pray that because my children will experience earthly pain, that they will understand the great, other-worldly Hope I know.

"To be absent from this body, is to be present with the Lord. And from what I know of Him, that must be pretty good." -Sara Groves

Comments

Diane said…
It is interesting that you blogged about this today. While V was here we watched a home video from a trip to Kentucky when you were about 9. Grandpa and Uncle John were in it. She asked about them, I told her they were wonderful and we loved them so very much and that we miss them, but they are with Jesus now. She cocked her head to the side and gently said "well, Mimi that is very good then."
Kate Thomas. said…
thanks for posting this. It encourages my heart. love you friend.
Anonymous said…
He truly did "love you to pieces". He just wanted to make sure you heard it from him before he blew this popsicle stand and headed off to where his soul longed to be. But while we all miss him he is such a happy healthy restored boy with a full head of hair (hehehe) and that same sparkle in his eyes, just magnified 100 x's. that is the reflection of the love light straigh from the eyes of God. So picture our dear dear John, with twinkly sparkly eyes and let your heart rejoice with his.
My biggest remaining question is: are there Dutch Master Panatella cigars in heaven?

xxoo
I love you to pieces. Thank you so much for honoring him like you do Erin.

Aunt Mary

Popular Posts