tim, callie and annie's shoot.

They photograph beautifully and were very patient with my lack of professionalism. Don't think I've ever shot more than 2 people before and I have much to learn in the areas of posing and directing the shoot. Thankfully, Dru was a huge help to me. We all had a lot of fun doing this...there were too many cute ones to choose from...






I'm always super scared before doing a shoot and have been really hesitant to even do them. But after the work is done it is so rewarding! I'm always much happier with the results than I thought I would be. It's been a fun hobby/outlet/project for me but I am just itching to learn more!! I'm frustrated often with how little I know and am able to do with the camera and equipment (or lack of) that I have.

Comments

Mindy said…
Oh they look awesome! You did a great job! I looove the colors in the last one. And the subjects are beautiful of course! ;-)

(And I know what you mean...I always have like a panic attack before I do a shoot and am super stressed until I upload the pics and see what I have. In fact, I've been stressed all day because I just committed to my first with someone I don't know. Eeek!)
erin said…
Way to go for it, Mindy!!
abbey said…
They look awesome! Great job Erin.
Bethany said…
Good job Erin. Practice Practice Practice that is how you learn. Read a lot, study photographs that you admire, look at the info on your photos and what your settings were and learn from mistakes.

Do you have a lightmeter yet? Seriously shooting with a lightmeter vs. the camera meter makes all the difference you will have very little editing to do later if your exposure is spot on.

Just remember with anything it takes time and practice. You can do it.
These are great Erin. I ditto what Bethany said about PRACTICE. Even looking at my shoots from three months ago I can see ways I've improved and ways I still need to improve...
Great job!
Nettester71 said…
you did a great job and you never quit learning or have all the gear you want. :)
Kate Thomas. said…
Great Job E, I decided Im going to call you E since Violet is called V. Maybe you can snap some shots of the boys when we visit, That is if you are not in labor!!!
erin said…
Thanks, y'all. Definitely appreciate the encouragement and helpful suggestions!
Michelle said…
Amazing job Erin! But I honestly think that about all the photos you take!
We would love to be "practice subjest" for you any time! Of course, 5 subjects, or 3 rowdy boy subjects might be too much for you right about now...
But really, great job and yeah, just keep practicing. You really seem to be a natural at it, but what do I know...I'm a "point and shooter"! ;)

Popular Posts