Hello blog, hello readers, nice of you all to stop in and leave comments on the last post. Thanks so much! It's been 2 weeks now since I got the positive prego test and, yes, it was a huge surprise. Even though we were "trying" it had been quite some time and in my mind this month shouldn't have been any different than any other. But eventually I took the test just to "get on with life" assuming it would be negative. Wow! That'll change your Saturday afternoon. I've been really, REALLY nauseous. Yuck. And I guess the usual tiredness...falling asleep on the couch at 8pm..but yeah, the nausea really outweighs that right now.

Cool thing is that baby is due right around my birthday. I'm November 25th baby is due on the 23rd. I'm looking forward to having a birthday buddy.

Like I did when I found out we were expecting Violet, I just feel terribly overwhelmed by God's kindness. This wasn't just something I may or may not have offered up a few prayers for. I had really been asking God for this. A lot. Especially the 3 weeks before I found out. It's so humbling when God responds. So often I think he isn't paying attention or he can't really do it. I don't know, I just felt this strong sense that it didn't just happen but that he made it happen because he cares about my desires and he heard me. Thank you, God.

Other big news over here is that the hubs just turned the BIG 3-0. Yep, Dru's 30. So I had an 80's party for him where everyone came dressed up. So fun. And Dru had the best time so that makes it a success. His sister even bought a ticket to fly out and SURPRISE him at the party. That would have been cool, huh? Too bad it was too windy in Dallas and her flight got postponed til the following day!!!! Oh well. It was still nice to spend the weekend with Marion and celebrate Dru's birthday in that way too.

So there's a bit of an update for now.

Comments

Katherine M. said…
Erin, Much to my surprise, Rebekah arrived on my 25th birthday. (January 27th) Rachael's birthday is on November 25th -- a sweet day!:) Hope you feel great soon!
Lauren said…
Sorry you are feeling yucky. My mom always reminded me that nausea and fatigue just means something amazing is going on inside! When I would feel really yucky I would think, "maybe he's growing a limb or an organ today and that's why I feel so bad" It just helped me feel a little better. Again, we are so happy for you!
lynn said…
How amazing and wonderful! Congrats! I am so happy and excited for you! Violet is going to be such a wonderful big sister! YAY!
Janelle Shank said…
that's so cool erin! shows how important prayer is!! i'll be praying the nausea goes away ;)

Popular Posts