She's Here!

Well, this has to be quick...first, thanks for all the comments and encouragement and for asking for updates. Honestly, I haven't even been able to read them all...it's been a little busy here...but here's the update!!

Violet was born at 4:17 this morning weighing 8 pounds 2 ounces, 20 1/2 inches. The labor was longer than I hoped (I guess it is for everyone, but really, it was long) but once I was dilated about half way it went really fast and then the actual pushing was only 25 minutes, thank God!! She is beautiful! She looks alot like Dru which I really hoped for! Lots of light brown hair and blue eyes!!! We haven't really slept in the last 36 hours and have had lots of visitors and doctors and nurses here all the time. But it really is a blessing!! By the way, there are no signs of the hip displasia that we were concerned she may have and the doctor says she's perfectly healthy! We love her and are just trying to adjust now to having this third little one around. Later tonight I will try to upload our pictures and post them...I know everyone wants so see. Thanks and love to you all.

Comments

Michelle said…
Congratulations! :-) From a friend of a friend (guess I just confessed I've been a blurker). hehe
Bethany said…
I had a photo shoot this morning and I have been proofing (so on the computer) and checking all afternoon. I was worried about you. I am so glad she is here and everything is great. Life changes pretty fast huh. Congrats and we can't wait to see her but all in good time...just enjoy her and rest now. Big Hugs!!!
Judy said…
Whew! What a relief!!! I've been checking & checking all day long!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you two!!! You did it! Hip hip hooray! Lots of love to you!!!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations, Erin & Dru!! So happy for you both and can't wait to see baby Violet!!

God Bless ~ Lizzy
Anonymous said…
I'm so excited for you guys!!! I can't believe you were posting blogs through the day you gave birth to a child....that is AWESOME!!!! You look great! I can't wait to see your sweet baby girl!
Love you!
~Tess
Anonymous said…
erin,

congratulations! you do it! can't wait to see pictures. our love and prayers are with you...

courtney cabaniss
Mindy said…
Yay! In 2 weeks I'll get to see the girlie! She is so cute and sweet in the pics Meg sent me---I can't wait to hold her!
Jenn said…
Congratulations Erin! I can't wait to see the pics of Violet and by the way, LOVE the name! Jenn
Anonymous said…
HI Erin and Dru - Oh my word - if ever a baby looked like her Daddy! She is so beautiful and her Mom looks pretty good too! We are looking forward to more photos of your little miracle. My goodness, God has blessed you! Enjoy the gift!
Love, Florian and Kathy and kids!
Anonymous said…
Hi Erin and,Dru.Violet is sooo pretty,also her Mom.I want to see the dog,also I want you Dru and little cute Violet to come to our house in P.A....Nick my dog wants to see Violet...xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxolove,Isabella Girthofer.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!! So happy to hear that all is well with mom and baby. She's absolutlely beautiful.
P.S
how great does it feel to be no longer pregnant?
GOOD WORK
love,
Uncle Bo, Elizabeth, and Owen

Popular Posts