oh, when daddy reads....










The best part of the day is when daddy reads. The kids float around the living room while listening. It's a nightly tradition. They gather on his lap when he reads picture books, but they have ventured into several chapter books this year which means longer segments and no pictures so they grab something to keep their hands busy and find a comfy spot to themselves.

 They're finishing up The Hobbit now. It's definitely a bit over Augie's head...but he enjoys playing Legos and hearing Daddy's voice and he has picked up on much more than I would have expected. He was telling me yesterday about the red and gold dragon and how Bilbo put on the ring and turned invisible, had a few words with the dragon and ran off. It's cute to hear the parts he catches. Violet follows every detail as she busily draws or colors which just amazes me. I hated reading as a kid (I have grown to love it now) and had horrible reading comprehension, so they surprise me with how much they can understand and appreciate stories.

I, on the other hand, enjoy a bit of nightly quiet time to myself...


Comments

Popular Posts