camp.


A few weekends ago we found some available time and ran away to the lake. Eisenhower State Park at Lake Texoma, actually. We spent two nights camping out just the 4 of us. We survived. And with it being our first time in the "Mom" and "Dad" role on a camping trip we're content to leave it at that. I mean, whew, there's alot to think about when you leave home and hang out at a campsite for 2 whole days and nights.

 We brought a borrowed kayak and some fishing gear. We spent some time near the lake, went on a hike, and had a lot of down time around the campsite. The kids literally spend hours playing on the kayak on dry land. With a little imagination you don't even miss the water when playing pirates or Pocahontas.




I am well again, I came to life in the cool winds and crystal waters of the mountains.
-John Muir




I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in tune once more. 
-John Burroughs









Comments

Popular Posts