friday from my phone.

It's Friday and I'm back!

I took a picture today of Miss K and me that I want to share but for K's privacy I cannot (wah-wah). So, instead of posting the photo that I snapped on my phone today, I want to tell you about it.

Early this morning, before school started, I was honored to be K's breakfast date at school for "Muffins with Mom". It's no big deal, but it was special nonetheless. I am so happy to be a foster mom and it is a true privilege to get to be involved in the life of a child who has no one pulling for her. We all embrace opportunities to serve, volunteer, and reach out to those in need, right? Well, I don't even have to reach out. The need is right in my home. It's worked right into my daily life. She's there when I wake up, she's there when I'm tucking my kids in bed, she's at my table everyday. Something cool about fostering is that you don't have to drag your family to a soup kitchen to meet the needy. You get to minister to someone who needs you right in your home. I love that part of it and it truly has been a blessing for every member of our family.

Now, I don't mean to paint miss K or any foster child as a needy mess, or make it sound like I'm the savior in the situation. K doesn't need to be babied or pitied but she does need love as much as the next person. She does need someone to bear her sadness, to cheer her on, to be faithful, to nurture her. I'm just grateful that by God's grace I get to be that person right now.

I'm happy I can show up for "Muffins with Mom", talk to her, meet her friends, snap a picture together. It's simple really.

So glad you're in my life, Miss K!

Comments

Popular Posts