pizza/family/movie night...it's tradition!

When the girls moved in this past July, they filled us in on a little tradition they've carried with them --pizza and movie night every Friday night.  Who can say no to that? We have faithfully carried it on, I think, every single week since they came. We don't have many traditions but I do love them.  I think they're a great way for kids to hold on to memories once they are older. And, I think it's just an easy way to have fun. Much easier than thinking of something new and fun to do every Friday night is to repeat the same old plan (for me, anyway). The kids LOVE it.


So, every Friday night we get ourselves some pizza (let's be honest usually Domino's or Papa Murphy's, but we did make our own in the pics!), make ourselves some Rice Krispie treats (MUST have Rice Krispie treats!), eat until we're full, and then we lay a bunch of blankets and pillows out on the floor and cuddle up and watch a movie. So easy, and I'll tell ya, it makes my kiddos happy campers.

(And, goshdarnit, how I wish I could share A and K's pizza portrait as well. Hate that rule.)

Comments

amber said…
Pizza and movie is an excellent Friday tradition. We've been doing that quite a bit since Caro started school. We start a little early in the evening, before Jeff even gets home from work. Makes Fridays so relaxed. :)

Are the rice krispie treats part of A's/K's tradition as well, or did you guys add that? That's a really good idea!
Bethany said…
We do the same. I make the dough at 4pm...takes about 10 min then it rises and is waiting for Aaron at 5-6. Then Aaron (who use to work at a pizza place when he was young) rolls tops and cooks. Its my night off in the kitchen. We pick out a movie...its the only time I let my kids eat in the living room. It is a fun way to end the week.
erin said…
Love it, girls! Rice Krispie treats were my addition. I'd love to hear some family movies y'all have enjoyed.

Popular Posts