destin.


Grateful for my parents' 30 year marriage and for a wonderful time celebrating on the beach in Destin with my family. Beach vacations are the best! Seriously, love it with the kids. They are so happy playing in the sand and water for hours.  I did more reading and relaxing than I have in some time.

















And, this trip came at a good time...not only is September a beautiful time to be there, but the Lord's timing with the trip was perfect as we had been through difficult times the months before.  The older sister we have been fostering had to move out of our home because the judge decided that the girls needed to be separate for the time being. While it has brought grief, we are also finding peace in His ways and His care for the girls. I guess going to the beach was a sort of surrender to His plans, His kindness, that His ways are higher than ours.

 Destin, we're coming back, ya hear? Who's in with us for next year?

Comments

ah, I have missed your beautiful words and pictures, my friend. love hearing of the Lord's kindness is the beautiful timing of this rest for your family.

hmmm, Destin next summer? definitely tempting....
erin said…
Thanks, Cate, for your kind words. Destin. September 2013. Let's do it.

Popular Posts