hike.

We took a family hike on Memorial Day.  Check out the enthusiasm...






(Click on a pic to view full-resolution)




Augie's pumped here only cause he knows he's messing up the picture.  I'm sassing Dru about "his" kids and Violet....well, she always wears her heart on her sleeve.  Ha!



So, we started out with not-so-happy campers....and let's be honest, kinda finished that way, too.  In their defense, they have been seeming sick off and on for 2 weeks.  Finally took them in today and, oops, yeah, they're both pretty sick.  So maybe that had something to do with it.  However, I promise they did actually have some fun on the trail (whether they'll admit it or not).  We saw a cool bright green snake, a lizard with an electric blue tail, tons of butterflies and caterpillars, blue skies, and amazingly huge trees.  Not everyday sights for us suburban dwellers.  We hiked the Ray Roberts Greenbelt at the 380 access for you locals....we loved all the shade trees...and it appeared popular with bikers, horse back riders, and canoes as well since the trail runs along a river.  Nature restores me.  We have been recently seeking rest in various ways and this was a perfect way to do that.


Checking out the river.


My beautiful girl and sweet friend.

Yup.  Another one of those "moments".  This pic makes me laugh.

"Can I have your hat, Dad?  Dad, can-I've-your-hat???"

Violet takes the lead....and takes in a quiet moment on the trail


He grabs my face like that every time he kisses me.  He loves kissing.  I'm totally bragging about that right now, ohyesIam.

Comments

Aunt mare said…
Thanks for the photos! I love them and the people in them, well they are just at the top of the list child.

Popular Posts