her words and my thoughts for the day.

These were Violet's words to me in my Mother's Day card which she had Dru pen for her,

"I love mommies and they are so special to me.  I would feel how lonely I would be without a mom and how happy I was and how joyful I was with a mom.  I am joyfully happy because I have a father and a mother and a family.  Love, Violet"

Love her words.  She is my expressive girl...in joy or disappointments, she has no trouble expressing herself!

Thank you, Violet, for making my day so special!



Augie spent most of the day singing me "happy birthday"...he has his holidays a bit mixed up.  But, no matter.  I've got two kids who love to celebrate and make me feel special so it indeed was a special day.

At church the message was from Ecclesiastes on how everything in life is pointless and meaningless apart from God.  We all die.  We can't take anything with us.  And all pleasures leave us coming up empty at the end of the day.  Kinda depressing facts.  But, everything changes, and everything in life becomes something to celebrate and find joy in when our faith is in Jesus.  Faith in Him gives us eternal hope!  Therefore, in this life, which was otherwise unsatisfying, we now have joy.  We find satisfaction in our work and our pleasure (whoo-hoo to that!!).  We have so much to rejoice in and celebrate!  This really encouraged me today because I had so many cares on my mind.  I was sad missing Mowgli and worrying about him and his family, overwhelmed with feeling so attached and yet let down by my worldly desires, feeling a desire to be nearer to God while failing at doing that very thing, and sad for a friend who wants a baby and would be a wonderful mother but can't get pregnant.  Life seems so unfair and confusing sometimes.  So pointless.  I'm so grateful this isn't all there is.  Really makes me desire heaven.

Comments

Grace jeffrey said…
Beautifully written, friend. You inspire me as a mommy and as a fellow sojourner. Love you!

Popular Posts