preparations.

I've never done many holiday traditions, for example, I've not ever dyed Easter eggs or had an egg hunt for my kids.  Not a once.  But, times are a changin' around here as I find with each holiday I enjoy doing festive activities more and more because Violet enjoys it SO MUCH (and Augs too, really).  Did I mention that she cried on Valentine's day because there weren't any "heart banners hanging around" when she woke up?  We got the kids some Valentine candy.  Thought that'd be pretty cool.  But there were no decorations...how can it be Valentine's day without decorations.


That's the great thing about having kids.  You get to be a kid all over again.

And, really it doesn't take much.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed around holidays but I am learning to simplify life a little bit so we can plan a bit and enjoy the holiday more.  Our schedule had been packed this week but I am trying to carve out little bits of time to quiet my mind.  This week I haven't gone to the gym once, and I took the Facebook and Draw Something apps off my phone, just to carve a little time, just this week, to think on Easter and celebrate the holiday.

We aren't doing anything crazy-over-the-top.  But, I am planning to do some special baking and cooking, to dye eggs, to have an egg hunt, and we are looking forward to hosting Easter this year with my family, Tim's Grandma Marge, and a couple single gal friends.

Trying to just quiet myself, reflect and celebrate!

And he will swallow up...the covering that is cast over all peoples...He will swallow up death forever; and the Lord will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his peoples he will take away from all the earth, for the Lord has spoken.


Isaiah 25:7-8

Comments

Popular Posts