watercolors.

I don't know the first thing about art.  But, I do know that my kids love to get their hands dirty and "do art", so I try to keep some supplies on hand and let them at it every once in a while.

One way I like to preserve their work is by photographing it and posting it here so we can always look back on it.  I save many of their pictures in a file in our filing cabinet, too.

I now present you with some recent watercolor works of Augie and Violet.

In this painting, Augie used a well-known watercolor technique called "mom walked away and wasn't watching what was going on but thinks he must have poured some water from his rinsing jar onto his paper".  When I came back it was sopping wet, looking much like a pond in the center of his paper.  But I rather like how it dried.  Augie says it's a dinosaur.  Violet told him that it looks like a foggy forest, and I quite agree.  But, no, he insists, to the point of fighting back tears-- it's a dinosaur.  He even just climbed up on my lap as I type this and upon seeing the photo said, "Hey!  It's my die-o-saur paint!"


This next one is Violet's and she's titled it "Candy and a Unicorn".  See that black unicorn there?  Adorable. And I can't help but notice how she's used the rule of thirds to place him :).  What an eye, huh?  I've noticed recently that she tries to fill every part of the page, not just the center, and I have noticed her painting a border on all of her artwork.  Love her.







This final one is Augie's.  First, he told me it was a spider, but later he told Daddy that it's a lion.  I love it cause I can totally see how he can look at this and see both/either of those things.  Ohhhh, the cuteness going on here is almost unbearable!

That concludes our art show for today. :)





Comments

amber said…
That's an excellent technique, Augie. :) We love watercolors too!! The kids were just painting last night. This reminds me of doing watercolor cards with V. :)

Popular Posts