update.

Thank you all so much for how you have cared about our little guy and us over the last week.  I know that sounds so like something one is just "supposed" to say.  But, I really do mean it.  I have been so touched by your comments, you stopping me at church, or texting me, whatever.  Thanks for caring!!

Dru and I had an awesome visit with M's dad, grandmother, and aunt yesterday.  M is supposed to have an hour alone with them every Monday, however, the dad allowed us to stay in the visiting room for the whole hour!  This was such a blessing.  Not easy, but not terrible at all.  It was great that we could talk and discuss M and learn more about each other.  This also really allowed M to warm up to all these new people in a natural way.  By the end he was responding to his dad and they played together as I held back tears.  It's hard to see that this is his family now.  It's hard to let him go.  I have less doubts about the family now, but more sadness as I see the transition that must come take place.

The grandparent's home study was just turned in probably today.  So the report on that comes out in the next 14 days.  The actual transition will not take place until that is cleared.  However, it seems that all roads are leading to this.  I still can't believe he could be leaving in 2 weeks.

We are grateful that we got to be present for the whole visit yesterday and we are grateful that the caseworker and the family are in agreement that we should be involved in a gradual transition.  We not sure exactly how this will look.  It may, for example, mean M going to stay with grandparents for 2 days a week then coming back here for the first couple weeks before he moves over there permanently.

That's all I have time for for now.  Just knew some of you would be asking and wondering how this Monday went.  Thanks.


Comments

Popular Posts