thankful tree.

Rejecting joy to stand in solidarity with the suffering doesn't rescue the suffering.  The converse does.  The brave who focus on all things good and all things beautiful and all things true, even in the small, who give thanks for it and discover joy even in the here and now, they are the change agents who bring fullest Light to all the world.  When we lay the soil of our hard lives open to the rain of grace and let joy penetrate our cracked and dry places, let joy soak into our broken skin and deep crevices, life grows.

-Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts





 Our little "tree" has evolved this year thanks to better ideas from Pinterest. :)  Violet has enjoyed this activity so much this year and last, and (shocker) it's really good for me, too.  My our hearts of gratitude grow and grow....even in the "broken skin and deep crevices."


Comments

What a great idea! I think I just might steal it...
Laura said…
Fantastic quote Erin. I love your blog.

Popular Posts