fall happenings.

Can't believe it's November already and I'm thinking about Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas shopping.  The weather here stays HOT for sooooo long that we are usually close to winter before I even realize it's fall.  For example, I love going to the pumpkin patch every year.  And we always, without fail, get to the pumpkin patch on one of the LAST days they're open for the season because I usually don't even realize that they're open already and that its THE TIME of the year.  This year and last we made it on the very last day they were opened. :)  

So, yes, Monday we went to the pumpkin patch first thing in the morning...and fun was had by all.  However, all fun came to an abrupt stop as Violet threw up the minute she stepped foot in the house.  It's Thursday now and the stomach flu has passed around every member of this household save myself.  Hey, someone's gotta stay healthy enough to clean up puke!!  Here are some pics of the "healthier" moments of our week:


The pumpkin patch had an old-school merry-go-round.  How cool is that?! 











For Halloween we had a little Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi.  Violet has an awesome Princess Leia costume that my mom and I sewed for her...alas, due to aforementioned circumstances Princess Leia spent Halloween in bed.  Now that she's feeling better I'll have to get her in her costume today and take some pics to post later.


As we head into the holidays we are very uncertain of what tomorrow holds for our little Mowgli.  I've said it before and I say it again....even when you think you KNOW, you never really know what is going to happen.  We thought there was no family who would possibly be able to get him...and, for awhile, that was true.  One side of his family is legally out of the picture for good.  The other side, at first, was silent and not showing interest, but now some interest has sprouted.  There are several steps these family members must take to get to him, and we have a lot of confidence that cps and the court will pursue what is very best for Mowgli.  So, we must wait, and trust, and love, and pray.

It has honestly started to be a very rough time for me.  I'm not sure what is more difficult-- Mowgli's unknown future or the adjustment to 3 kids, one being very unique to me and coming to us at a busy age, rough past, etc etc etc.  It's hard!!!!  It's crazy!!!!  I take life a day at a time right now....usually unsure of what the day holds and feeling dependent at all times on God to help me and give me grace for every situation.







*Note about blocking out Mowgli.  I feel so wrong doing this!!  I'm sorry if is seems weird or cruel.  But, to me it would be weirder and more cruel right now to take a family picture without him.  He is part of our family at this time, so I don't have any intention of having any "family" pictures without him!  That said, for his own privacy we aren't allowed to post his picture. I've seen other foster bloggers who have just blocked out the child's face.  I hate it, but I want to have a family picture as well.  Wish we didn't have to hide your face, little guy!  We are proud of you and love you and love that smirk of a smile you give us!

Comments

Popular Posts