little house.

Violet and I finished reading Little House in the Big Woods last week and have moved on to book two: Little House on the Prairie.  Oh, are we in love?!  I wasn't sure if she would be mature enough yet to follow and enjoy these, but she CAN'T WAIT to get to read our daily chapter or two.  The books are so dear.  So many things V can relate to, really.  There are strong family values presented as well.  The parents and children express their love and respect for each other in healthy, heart-warming ways.  And, while it's not written it Laura's voice, it definitely comes from her childish perspective which reels Violet right in and brings to mind my own childhood and the way my youthful mind processed the world around me.

I'm so grateful that God has provided a niche of time for V and I to be doing school together this year (we do it and read together when the boys nap).  I feel like her entering pre-school came at just the right time with Mowgli-boy joining the family.  She has done well with the change and since I am extra-busy with another little one around, I think it has really helped her that she and I have some one-on-one time each day.



Comments

Bethany said…
I read this to the boys when they were little and Seth read again on his own this summer and now Jude is working through on his own. Seth came to me near the end of the series asking what it meant to see someone home. I explained and his face got all red. Then he came later and asked me what Beau meant....again red cheeks. HA HA it has been so cute to watch their reaction a little older when they understand a little more.
erin said…
Awesome. :) Love hearing that little boys enjoy them, too.

Popular Posts