the connected child.









I'm fascinated and well-helped by this book.  I feel like it's guiding me through my days with our newest addition and helping me understand his ways when his behavior boggles me or makes me feel depleted.  I've been reading it little bits at a time since he arrived and it kind of feels like talking with an old, wise friend.  Afterward, I am encouraged to keep patiently reaching out to our little friend.

So, I don't know, maybe check it out if you have a foster child or an adopted child that you are struggling to understand, or a child with special needs.  It really has been of great encouragement!  I feel sooooo hopeful for this little guy after spending time in this book.

Comments

Chalene Baird said…
I just wanted to tell you guys how inspired and encouraged I always am in reading your posts about foster parenting. What an amazing, faith-building adventure the Lord is taking you on. Reading your posts has really impacted me to be open to what God would have Ryan and I do as a family as well if He were to call us to foster or adopt a child. Thank you for faithfully posting and your honesty as you share the joys and trials of the process that you all are going through. God bless you guys!!
erin said…
Wow, thanks, Chalene. That encourages me so much!

Popular Posts