tornado.

Sooooo, are you ready for this....cause I'm sure not.  The kiddos are gone.  CPS placed them with a family member.  Yes, we signed papers saying we'd keep the for 6-12 months, AND never heard anything about any family.  But I am learning with CPS the only think you'll ever know is that you'll NEVER know.  I got a call from the caseworker at 8:30 this morning and they were gone by 9:30.

I am glad they are with family.  I am glad someone will be able to communicate with them in Spanish.  Dru prayed for them before they left that their family member will take even better care of them than we ever did.  That is my prayer and I will trust and hope in that.  But, I am sad they aren't here.  I miss them.  

I feel awful communicating this to people who helped so much.  You guys jumped in and helped us and I wouldn't want anyone to feel taken advantage of.  We didn't expect any help at all and still don't in the future.  I am sorry for those who jumped in assuming this was more long-term.  I hope you don't regret it.  I believe God desires to provide richly for these needy kids and I believe the way he did that was through all of you.  You blew us away!  You communicated His love for them through bringing food, coming to play, buying spanish books, bringing diapers and clothes, whatever you did, it extended His love.  THANK YOU!  I wish we could have served these kids longer but I am grateful we got to step in for the short time they needed us.

I feel like I'm in a tornado.  I'm bad at communicating my feelings but I'm feeling pretty sad as I go through the day without them around.  Please keep these kids in your prayers.  Feel free to text or call me.  Thanks, y'all.

Comments

Jessica Rockey said…
Erin... I'm so sorry. I remember having to give up a baby that we cared for when I was about 13... and it was truly heart wrenching. I can't even imagine going through that now.
The Lord has obviously given you the desire and grace to handle this situation.
I'll be praying for you guys and those precious little ones as I think of it throughout my day.
Much love friend:)

Popular Posts