preschooler.

Goodness gracious, I cannot believe I have a preschooler.  Violet and I started doing preschool at home last week.  She is so hungry to learn and be taught.  She hangs on my every word and, though she is usually my wild-child, she is extra well-behaved during our time because she values it so much.  So cute.  On the first day I was gathering a few supplies and unbeknownst to me she had gone in the playroom and pulled two chairs up to the easel and began washing it with a wet cloth to prepare (uh...who are you and what have you done with my Violet?).  On the second day, I told her we'd skip the lesson and move straight to baking our A-is-for-Apple pie.  I thought this would make her day, after all, we'd be skipping the lecture and I'd show her what a fun mom I am, and prove that learning can be fun when you get to do things like bake with Mom!  She started crying and said, "But you have to tell me things so I can learn!"

My only question is, how can I get this enthusiasim to last the next 12 years?



Violet Eve, you are growing up into such a lovely young lady.  Mommy has loved to see your eagerness to learn and I can't wait for the adventures we will have this year as we explore together!  You are a very special little friend to me and I love every minute with you!

Comments

Holly said…
You have me crying! She looks so different than when I saw her just 4 1/2 months ago. It makes me so home sick. What a big girl she is! Please tell her that all the Mayfield's say hi and we really miss her!

Holly
erin said…
Aw, girl! We miss you so much, too. I was so encouraged talking to you the other day. Hope you made it to Houston. :)
Tess Bush said…
Wow Erin she is looking so grown up! Love her long hair. :-) What a great teacher you already are!

Popular Posts