ah, a farewell already...

Our little girlie moved in with her aunt a week and a half ago already!  All 4 of us very sad to see her go.  Thankfully, though, this placement seems to be for the best.  I was privileged to meet the aunt and it seemed very clear to me that she has the best intentions and will be an advocate for our little friend.  I find peace knowing she went to family.  It truly was a beautiful, redemptive experience when we gave her up.

Of course, before meeting aunt, I was fearful of the unknown...what is life ahead like for our little friend?  She has been through so much!  Will she be protected?   Will she be wanted?  Will they read her stories and sing her songs and pray with her when she is scared?  So many questions and fears.  I cried and cried when we learned she would leave us so soon and dealing with the questions plagued me.  But when we met aunt I quickly picked up that SHE had the same concerns about ME!  A good thing.  I mean, imagine if she hadn't cared what kind of people little niece had spent the last two weeks with.  I read it in her eyes and heard it in her voice.  Who are these people?  Was she protected?  Was she wanted?  Was she played with, accepted, comforted and loved?  Kind of funny cause I could tell she was judging me as I was judging her...trying to figure each other out.  But as we talked and got to know each other a bond was formed--we had the same goal--we both loved this little girl very much, that was clear.

Oh--and the cool part-- the aunt told me that us doing this to help her niece moved her and her husband so much that they were compelled to become foster parents themselves.  They have decided to not just care for their niece, but to begin becoming qualified to foster other children in need as well.  Wow, wow, wow.

It was a wonderful experience, yet not without challenges.  It was hard having 3 kids all-of-a-sudden!  I definitely felt STRETCHED every minute.  But I felt very dependent on the Lord and near to him at that time.  I felt his tender care for me so readily!

Having a little break here has given Dru and I time to re-group and process a bit.  We miss that girl, though.  The kiddos ask about her every day.  Even Augie.  He repeats her name over and over.  Breaks my heart.  Wish I could post her picture here.  She's a cutie.  We have pics up all over the house that make us smile.  Hoping for another one to drop in soon.

I want to be blogging about more...hope for more time for that soon.  But for now I wanted to get a follow-up out there.  Thank you for caring about this.  Thank you for the prayer!

Comments

Bethany said…
Your in my prayers
Anonymous said…
very well done, Erin...thanks for taking the time to communicate your heart and your experience. May God richly bless your family for loving others with the love of Christ. You are a real example to many.

Dad

Popular Posts