where we left off...

Home study came and went a week ago...now we wait 3 more weeks (though, hopefully, we will be in touch with our agency as they are reviewing it now) til we are (Lord willing) licensed.  We shall see what they say.  It was honestly more stressful than I expected just because it was 4 1/2 hours straight of questions.  I thought it'd be more loosey-goosey, day-in-the-life-of-our-family-ish.  Oh well.  It is what it is.  It's always been up to the One who has brought us this far anyway.  I'll leave it in His hands.

We are full of fears but full of faith.  I have been so amazed to see how God has kept oneness in Dru and I through this journey so far.  That is why I feel so strongly that God has called us to this....cause neither of us have faced doubt since we started on the foster system track.  We talk about things we are scared of, but when you know it's something God has called you to the fears are not dead ends but new avenues to walk out our faith in Him.

They mentioned a little person that they already have in mind for our family.  They told us the child's gender and age and name but I didn't press for any more information.  You never know how these things will turn out.  Life takes many quick turns for these kiddos.  Just that they have someone in mind engages my heart so much.  It will be hard if it doesn't work out cause I will think of that little person out there somewhere and wonder how it would have been if I was his/her mama.  Something in me will be sad I couldn't be.  Anyway, when you start talking real kiddos it just gets so, well, real.

This leaves us with so much to trust God for.  We won't always understand his ways but we will trust Him!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wonderful perspective on the process, Erin.

Dad

Popular Posts