weekend visitor.

Hey, all,

Just wanted to update you all on a twist our weekend plans have taken.  We are happy and humbled to be opening our home to a little 4 year old girl from Friday (tomorrow!) through Monday.  Dru and I were on a date Tuesday when we got a call from a cfs at our agency.  She said they were looking for someone to provide respite care for the girl's foster mom over the weekend.  (Yeah, we aren't licensed yet, but with the training and background checks we are allowed to do respite care for up to 72 hours at a time).

The crazy thing is that this little girl is the same child I mentioned here earlier.  She will be needing a foster home in July as her foster mama is moving out of state and our agency has mentioned several times that they are desiring to place her with us.

We are really looking forward to our weekend.  We are honored, and we are scared.  Our plan is to keep the schedule very simple and just spend time together with our kiddos and our little friend.

As I've been preparing for the weekend, it breaks my heart for this girl as we will be spending Father Day with someone who has no Daddy.  Obviously, we will be keeping it simple and not making a big fuss over the holiday, but, still, just the realization of it...what she has lost....it hurts to think about.  Trusting in our Daddy in heaven to become more real to every person in our house over these next few days.  I feel so dependent on God as my Father for these few days ahead.  My prayer is that we will all grow closer to him and experience his love in a growing way.

He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing.  Love the sojourner, therefore, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt.  Deuteronomy 10:18-19

Please pray for us in whatever ways come to mind.  Thank you, all!

Be still, there is a healer
His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy is unfailing
His arms a fortress for the week


Let faith arise, Let faith arise


I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge you are my strength
As I pour out my heart these things I remember
You are faithful, God, forever


Be still, there is a river
That flows from calvary's tree
A fountain for the thirsty
Your grace that washes over me


Let faith arise, Let faith arise
Open my eyes, Open my eyes


(The words to this Chris Tomlin song, "I Lift My Hands", were really moving to me early Tuesday before we got the call.  They have continued to be my prayer through this week.)

Comments

Rebekah said…
Erin, I know we don't know each other very well, but I just wanted to tell you that I will be praying for you all through all of this. I know it must be a roller coaster, but your faith is so encouraging to see. God bless you guys!
erin said…
Thank you, Rebekah! It means a lot. And, you're right we don't really know each other well...but thanks so fb it feels like we're pretty tight. ;) So appreciate the encouragement!

Popular Posts