coming back. :)

Our little girly is coming back TOMORROW.  We are all very happy.  When I told Violet, she immediately threw a fist it the air and let out a good, "YESSSSSS!".  That touched me.  As we've gotten into this one of my biggest fears is how this will effect our bio kids.  But I am trusting the Lord that he will allow this to be a blessing in their lives.  I think they will look back fondly on the relationships they had with their little friends who stayed shortly in our home.

So as tomorrow approaches I've again been crying throughout today.  I see the whole world differently when I am around this girl.  The injustice breaks my heart.  She shouldn't have to go through all this.  While she is coming to our "good" home and will be warmly received, it is all strange and new to her.  And she is going through so much pain.  It's not right.  I kind of feel the weight of the world.  Not sure how else to say it but stepping into her life gives me a weight that only He can truly bear.  Man, this all immediately has me running to God and that is something very, very good about it.

Today I am running around cleaning up her room, changing the sheets, framing a couple pics of her around the house, making a banner for her door...kinda feels like nesting!  Ha!

Oh, I didn't mention the deets.  I have to be very careful what I share but I will say that she may stay with us as short as a week (we should know by then if something has worked out with a family member of hers that she may go to).  But if things fall through in the next week or so with said family member then this would turn into a "permanent" foster placement where we would have her longer (1 year-ish, usually) until more things get sorted out and she either goes back to family or becomes adoptable.  At this point we don't have an opinion either way.  If there is fit family she should be with them.  That would be best.  We will see what the Lord has and where he leads.  Right now, we are just glad we get to be in her life.

Comments

Laura said…
Oh Erin, I'm so glad you guys are doing this. I meet kids at work who are from abusive families and put into CPS custody and often pray that they will find foster homes like yours. It is truly heartbreaking to spend extended time with them and then have to let them go to God knows where. You are truly changing their little lives forever. My prayers are with you and I cant wait to see where God takes you in this journey. I hope I get to meet her too!
Erin,

I love reading about this experience you guys are going through. The way you describe how you are feeling truly touches my heart. God is at work and I love it!!!

Have fun w/ her :)

Popular Posts