i'm not a minivan person

(This post dedicated to my friend Grace, a hot minivan mama who is NOT a "minivan person".)

I chuckle in my head when people tell me, "I'm just not a 'minivan person'".  (Of course, I hear this less now that I drive one myself.  But, it still comes up.)  I just never knew these so-called "minivan people" existed.  Are there really people who say they are, in fact, a "minivan person"?  Who've spent their lives fantasizing about turning heads while they drive around town in their minivan???  The answer is NO, people!

I never felt a need to differentiate myself because I never realized people would actually think driving a minivan was on my bucket list!  Haha, oh, dear.  That'll be the day!

I drive a minivan.  I don't do it for coolness factor.  I think it's convenient, though.  And, I'm sooo grateful for my minivan!!  I have kids.  I don't feel the need to hide the fact that, yes, I have kids.  I listen to Rihanna.  And dance.  In my minivan.

(Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.  The rant is over. :))

Comments

Mindy said…
You're funny! I always said I'd never get a minivan and then I had Jack and rode in yours and realized how wonderfully easy it is to get kids in and out in one! Now I want one.
Andrea said…
i always thought the anit-minivan stigma was so hilarious. my uber practical mind always reacted with, "what's so bad about a minivan? if you have kids, aren't they awesome?" they're such a classic "family" car. i just always assumed it was part of the season and therefore have always expected to own one. ::shrug:: :)
abbey said…
We're on the hunt for one :) i hate the thought of it, but I'll totally do it for convenience and practicality!
Dru said…
For me, saying "I'm not a minivan person" is kind of like saying, "I'm not an all-leather, heated seats, dual ac control, cd and DVD player, auto sliding doors, seating for up to 6 of your closest homies and enough room for 30 trips to Costco with V6 engine kind of person", and I'm not that person.
Sam said…
Love this discussion! We drive a minivan too...for all the non-minivan lovers out there all I have to say is "have you seen the new Odyssey?" The van beckons!
Judy said…
I totally listened to Rhianna in my minivan today. Holla!
Beth said…
Someday, when all the kids are gone, I might still drive a minivan because they are so functional. Cool? Not really... but way easier than anything else!
Kate Thomas. said…
I love all your posts! my google reader must not have been working, i missed all the recent ones. That little parker is a cutie pie!
Aunt Mary said…
Hey my rae-rae! I took the hounds with me when i bought my matrix 5 years ago. I wanted a car that they could jump in and out of the back seat without any assistance because I was tired of the mud and snow on their underbellys absorbing into my sleeves everytime we went hiking or to the park. Mary Kay went with me, you should have seen the car dealers face. It's only a car, my little hound-mobile, and i dance to rihanna in it too!! ...Now I ain't tripping, I ain't twisted
I ain't demented, well, just a lil' bit
I'm kicking ***, I'm taking names...well. you know the rest!

Popular Posts