thoughts on a new year.

We are enjoying a day of all being at home together. We took down the tree and reorganized and packed away all of the Christmas decor. I'm starting to unpack from our trip and do laundry. Feels like a wonderful way to start out the year, actually, just because we have nothing on the calendar today.

2010 has been good. I know that. But, for real, I can hardly remember it. Especially the first half; kind of a blur. Ever since I had Augie life has just been different for me. It's been crazy. Blissful, too. And, yet, I feel like I've been pushed to my limit in so many ways and had to let go of the control I'd like to have on many things!

For 2011, we have big dreams. I don't really know what it will hold but I do think I will be stretched in even greater ways.

A bit about our trip with pictures, hopefully, to follow soon:

We just returned from a lovely trip to Florida. My grandmother got us all together for a family week there. I love being with all my extended family. A rare experience for me these years. :) It was good to be with them and certainly was wonderful get away to a new place for a bit. It was hard on our little family, too, though! Traveling with kids and taking care of them in not-their-own-home takes lots of work!!! The first day Dru and I were totally overwhelmed. I was exhausted and went to bed fairly early every night. It was a good opportunity for us though, to enjoy our kids, to help each other, and to forgive each other for being lazy, selfish, and plain ol' mean when things got stressful. I really saw God's care for us in the traveling to and from. (Knowing I am about to sound like a crazy-person, I continue:--er, wait, I AM a crazy person. You people already know this. No need to worry about suddenly sounding like one!...) I hate flying, get sick, and am very anxious. We all know how the saying goes: if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy...I SOOO did not want this to turn into a horrible day for all of us. I really just wanted to trust God and release needing to be "in control" to Him. I knew I should be so excited that we could even afford for all four of us to fly and that I should see this as a fun adventure day with my family! I didn't want to ruin the travel days for everyone with me stressing. Anyway, I prayed a lot and long story short I just saw the kindness of God all over our traveling. It went very smoothly, Dru was SOOO understanding and helpful with the kids, and I really had FUN...yes, even on the plane...FUN with my kiddos and hubby. Violet really saw this flying in an airplane thing as an ADVENTURE and I loved joining in with her in that. The kids did so well. I still got sick, I still was anxious. But it was so much better than many past travel experiences for me and I felt the nearness of God throughout. I am thankful.

Comments

Popular Posts