what Violet's thankful for.


Violet and I are making a "thankful tree" per the fabulous idea from my friend, Cate, to put to good use a branch I have up for decoration. I cut out some colorful card stock leaves and we are daily writing down something we are thankful for and pinning it to the branch with mini clothespins.

Today, I asked Violet what she was thankful for that she wanted me to write on her leaf. When she couldn't immediately think of anything I suggusted, "What about that God has made your tummy feel better?", since she had been having tummy troubles that seem to have cleared up recently.

Now just imagine this reply, with her little, raspy, three-and-a-half-year-old voice, and a tongue that says her Th's like S's:

"Oh.

Yeah!

Sanks, God, for doing me a favor! You did me that favor and made my tummy all better." [Turning to me with squinting eyes], "Does that make sense?"

Isn't it cute that this little stinker has the notion that she's got God doing her little "favors". Oh, like, God has got hurrrr. This gurl is cuh-vuuuured! And, how does she have the where-with-all to make sure she's being understood by me?? The little "does that make sense" was thrown in like I'm her bff and she wanted to make sure she was understood. She's hilarious.

I love her. I'm thankful for her...my little friend.

Comments

love this, my friend....per your blog, it seems God is cultivating all kinds of thankfulness in your heart...I'm so challenged..encouraged, etc.

Maybe we should actually DO a thankful tree....just didn't get to it this year...certainly not too late to be intentionally dwelling on His goodness towards us though..

thanks for sharing these precious moments!

Popular Posts