thankful for...

Chapstick. Er, Vaseline and Carmex. Carmex by day; Vaseline by night. Got it down. Man, oh man...chapstick, where would I be without you???

Ok. Here's another more serious one. The hubs. How did I get so lucky? What a man. Today I am thankful for the Daddy that he is to my kids. He is such a perfect, special Daddy. He always has time for them. He has such a way of connecting with their spirit and I love to see him interact with them. I am so grateful for the investment that these kids have from him. You couldn't put a price on it. I love how he takes an extended amount of time with Violet each and every night with rare, rare exception, to read to her--book after book. He sings her several hymns each night, too. I am just thankful for this consistent exercise and for how much the two of them LOVE their time together. Can't wait for Augie to get in on the routine, too. He's almost there but still needs his mama time at night. :)

Well, one other thing I wanted to mention, if there is anyone out there reading, is just the whole reality that life is hard and things here are far from perfect. I want to take time this month to post things I am thankful for. My last desire on earth would for any of this to come off braggy. People! I have much I complain about! MUCH! If you hang out with me, you know. Our lives have been challenging since Augie came around (dear darling that he is!!) It's nothing about him. He is truly a sweet boy. But, you know, life is hard, I'm tired, marriage takes work, we've had unexpected financial turmoil, sickness, disappointments, the list goes on. I'm just saying, there will always be hardships and yet God has blessed us greatly! When I start looking around and having a heart of thankfulness the list just seems to get longer and longer. So, my goal is to grow that list and let my heart change into one that notices the good that God is working in our lives as an exercise in putting off negativity and ungratefulness. Please understand. :) Also, as I say all the time, this blog is a way for me to be able to remember things. I forget so quickly. So like, about Dru reading to Violet, for example; knowing me, she could be 12 and I suddenly realize they've been doing this awhile but I have no idea how long. I think it will be fun to look back on this blog and think, "They were doing that way back then??" Stuff like that. One of my goals on this blog is to take time to jot down the things I treasure in my heart about our lives or else I know life will change, we will move on, and I will forget.

Comments

Kate Thomas. said…
Thanks for the post! I am spurred to think of the things i am grateful for! I love getting a little peek into your life. You have a great little family. Those little Haitian babies will be so loved and cared for! love you and praying often for the future Balls!
erin said…
Thanks, girl. You're the best.

Popular Posts