happy 1st birthday, augie!

Augie! This family loves you so much. What a happy year it has been since you came into our lives. They sure don't come any sweeter. When I first found out that I was having a boy I didn't know how to feel about that. It seemed pretty strange, really. I didn't know what having a boy would be like, I didn't know if I could be a good mom to a boy. But, you are so loving, so trusting, so happy, so welcoming. I've enjoyed having you, my little boy, so much, that I've forgotten even to worry about all those silly things.

It has been a wonder-filled year of baby-hood. I hope I'll never forget all the nights of rocking you and cuddling and singing with you before bed. After the long, hard days, I have welcomed those times of unwinding and cherishing you for a bit in your dark room. Have I mentioned what a sweet, sweet baby you are?

But so much lies ahead for you! I am so excited for toddler-hood. You love balls, dancing to music, and cars. "Shhhh-shhhhh" you breath in and out through your teeth while pushing your cars. Translation: "Vroom-vroom". You're such a fun guy to have around. I can't wait to watch you grow in the year ahead. We will have so much fun.

My prayer is that when you are older you would understand the deep, deep love of God. That you'd see there is hope in Jesus. Life will be hard, painful, and hopeless at times. I wish I could say it isn't. May Jesus be your hope. Don't rely on anything else.

Happy birthday, Bubbers! It's been so fun to say that to you all day; to kiss you and cuddle you and celebrate you today!

Comments

Popular Posts