halloween.

I was just reading another blog on their Halloween festivities, and I really liked the way she said this. This is our feeling towards the holiday as well. She said,

"I know Halloween can be controversial. We've always felt freedom in Christ to redeem this day. We fill it up with friends, creativity, light, laughter, fun, food, and fellowship. We pray those things are honoring to God and bless Him on this day that thankfully still belongs to Him."

I love the way she put that.

This year, (Augie's first) he was our little UFC fighter. What a sport! The kid has a fever but was still okay with getting tattooed and cruising around the neighborhood. He loved it, in fact, though he did crash early. What a chunk, huh? He'd definitely qualify for the heavyweight category. :)




Then there's our pirate. Love it! I wanted her to be a pirate last year cause she really is infatuated with pirates. She loves the David Shannon pirate books. She loves talking like a pirate, too. We'll randomly hear a "shiver me timbers!", or "Ahoy thar, matey", in her play. Anyway, last year she insisted on being a princess, however, this year it was her own idea to be a pirate. Right on!

Here Violet is making her very best pirate face.





I have to say our neighborhood is top notch on Halloween night! Everyone comes out and it's just so much fun. Didn't hurt that we had perfect weather. I'm guessing it was right at 70 degrees. Beautiful.

Comments

Jen said…
I just can't believe how big Violet is!!! I swear she was just born!!!
abbey said…
they are both so darling!

Popular Posts