a fun find.



At the library this week Violet and I cam across THE MOST AWESOME Cinderella book EVER. I was immediately drawn to the image on the front of this book--illustrations I had not seen associated with Walt Disney's Cinderella before. Turns out this published in 2007 children's book boasts the movie's original conceptual paintings done by Mary Blair!!! Ahhh! I'm in love! Every picture is a feast and the telling is as magical as the paintings. Dru read it aloud to Violet then, after she was in bed, he couldn't help but read it aloud to me. And then I read it myself...lingering over every page. Ok, yes, we are both a bit coo-coo over children's books. All the same, here is one I think you will enjoy as much and your kiddos.....




Comments

Jordan Family said…
Love it! One of my hobbies is collecting children's books. Can't wait to check this one out!
Lizzy said…
it DOES look like a feast for the eyes! i love vintage books like this (even though it's technically not 'vintage', hee hee). Cynthia Rylant is one of my all-time fav Children's authors. so happy that you, Dru, & Vi got to share that fun memory together :)

Popular Posts