keeping little hands busy.


Finished the felt board today and a first set of felt critters to go along with it. I did a farm animal set...the red rooster and yellow chicks aren't pictured. Violet loved it. I'd love to continually be adding to the collection. I'm thinking felt dolls with little outfits. I'd love to do Bible story cut outs and holiday cut outs. This kept her busy today. Her little imagination is so darling.

Here's a quick how-to in case anyone is interested in giving it a go. I bought a 16x20 artist's canvas and felt off a bolt at the fabric store. I just cut the felt a few inches larger than the canvas, folded the edges around the frame of the canvas, and used Tacky Glue to attach the felt around the back. So easy. For the felt characters I bought the smaller felt squares which my craft store sold at 4 for $1. I got the farm animals template off MarthaStewart.com. I think these are a perfect size. Been doing internet searches for more free templates but haven't found any I've loved yet. Anyone out there found good felt board templates?



I picked up this little decorate-your-own foam Valentine's frame for a dollar. Just another something to keep that crazy kiddo busy......probably my most recurring challenge since I welcomed baby number two. She and I had so much fun doing this today. Funny how it's the little things that she finds so much joy and pride in!

Comments

Bethany said…
super cute Adelee would love that
Michelle said…
love it! think I might try one myself...the boys really love the one at the library. They have snowman parts that they can use to "build" a snowman. Maybe V would like that? Easy too; no templates needed I would think.
Nettester71 said…
I used to make all kinds of felt stuff for "my" kids when I did daycare. There are some really easy ways to do them actually.

I used some of their favorite stories and went to the fabric store and bought interfacing and traced some of the characters from it and then colored them in. Makes for fun reading too as they can use their hands and get the wiggles out while you read, plus they can play with them and tell their own story.

I have also made characters to go with songs and fingerplays.

I don't have any great templates to share as I drew a lot of them myself (except the ones from the books that I traced).

Very Creative Erin.

Popular Posts