quick hello and a merry christmas.



Merry Christmas! Hope your holidays have been swell. Having family in town has kept me away from the computer, and while my time has been filled with enjoying in and out-of-town family I really haven't accomplished much besides eating and nursing. Lots and lots of eating. Yikes. I started wondering about what all these Christmas cookies might be doing to my waistline. Then, I remebered that I no longer have a waistline! Hark! Eh, I'm having another cookie.

Well, the last few weeks have been fantastic! Thanks to my parents and in-laws we've enjoyed a festive, memorable and very laid back Christmas. It's been nice to celebrate with family and not have much responsibility this year (becuase of the baby). But it already has me thinking of next year and how I want to celebrate, and what foods I'd like to cook, traditions to begin with the kids, etc etc.

Many of us might say that the holidays are not the ideal time to have a baby. I would have felt that way. But it's actually been awesome. Having Dru around more, and having family here to help has given me much time to just enjoy our new little guy. Christmas has not been stressful to me this year in the slightest. We did our shopping, put up the tree, and then have spent the last couple weeks just sitting around playing with the kids and reflecting on how awesome it all is.

Things are not perfect, life ain't easy. But I feel so rich and blessed in all God has provided for me this year. I'm overwhelmed at his goodness, actually. He is good and all he does is good and I take great comfort knowing that that will never change because HE will never change. I will go through ups and downs, but he will always be the constant in my life. I have nothing to fear.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea. Psalm 46:1-2

Comments

Grace said…
That little guy is too too cute! As is your whole family! Merry Christmas friend!!!
Callie said…
Cute family picture!!
carly said…
Erin, I love this photo of you guys... wish I could be there with you just for a bit to give hugs and catch up! Love you so!
Michelle said…
well said my friend, well said! And merry Christmas too you guys too!

Popular Posts