yay, yay, YAY!!

In my last post I said baby had flipped to the head down position. That lasted all of a day. :) By my next appointment he was back to being head up and quite cozy. I was at 34 weeks so while my midwife wasn't too concerned she said it was definitely time to start seeing a chiropractor and doing some exercises to give baby more room and the opportunity to flip.

Today I had my second appointment with the chiro. Then over to the birth center to see my midwife. She seemed more concerned...eek. She couldn't tell if he was head up or head down. If he was still up they could try to manually turn him, but there are risks with that. So to be sure of his position, before trying anything risky, she sent me across the street for a sonogram. She mentioned having to schedule a C-section if he doesn't flip soon (meaning bye bye birth center birth, hello finding a new dr, paying more bills etc). There are just too many risks associated with trying to vaginally deliver a breeched baby. I called Dru in-between appointments and said I really feel at peace with whatever happens with the birth. That I just want to have and hold my baby and have a safe delivery. But, of course, that after all we've pursued at the birth center, with how comfortable and excited we have become with our birth plan, and with the money already invested there, it sure would be a bummer not to have this baby as planned.

I got to the sono appointment and they called me back rather quickly. Nice. As soon as she put that thing on me there was his head...tucked right down where it should be...praise God!!!! He's snug as a bug and ready to go! I was so excited. Having the sono was such an awesome bonus to my day. Filled me with joy at this miracle in my body...she took a good long time just letting me look at my baby. She showed me his face and--OH MY GOSH--I felt like my surprise was spoiled you could see him so clearly!! This chubby little face filled the WHOLE frame. It basically looked like just a black and white photo of my baby. So crazy. She left it there and let me watch him for a long time. I cried. He sucked his fingers and blinked. Moved his hand down; blinked again. So amazing I tell you. Technology, people. Amazing! Seriously it's gotten better even since I had Violet. What a cool blessing to see his little face today.

I really feel so close to my little boy already. I love saying his name and thinking about having a boy. And I loved having a girl so much I thought I wanted another girl! But this boy thing is awesome. I feel like I know him and I just ache to hold him in my arms. I am warning you...aunts and grandma's listen up...I'm going to be doing a lot of holding my baby. You can come see him, you can fold laundry and do dishes (ha, ha), but I've waited a good long time and suffered long enough carrying this child inside me ;). I'm gonna be holding on to him and not letting him go for a long time. I'm already so sad that the newborn stage will be over sooooo fast...sigh.

Well, the only other news is that the sono estimated my due date to be 8 days earlier than our calculations. Yeee-haw! November 13th is the new date. Hope so. And, yikes. That is so soon.

Comments

Joy said…
This is such wonderful news! How amazing the gift of life is. We are thanking God for answering prayers and flipping this little guy! He will be here before you know it!
Michelle said…
yeah! praise God for a "head-down" boy!!! Sooooo excited for you guys! Can't wait to meet him! And know his name! ;) You are an awesome Mom and will be to this little guy as well! Rejoicing with you in your good news and getting a "preview" of your sweet boy!

Popular Posts