latelies.



So Violet and I glittered these mini pine cones yesterday that Grammy sent. Thanks so much, Grammy and Grandpa, for all the fun things you send in the mail. You guys are awesome about that and getting mail is totally a high light of her LIFE.

I guess it was a good little project for V...something other than coloring and painting. Now they sit here and I'm wondering...what should I do with them? :) I love their fall-ish-ness, though. Ah, fall! It's my favorite time of year; now til January 1st. It's so cool out today considering it was in the 90s only days ago...63 degrees right now! I was planning to make tacos tonight but I ran to the store and got ingredients for chili instead. It's just such a chili kind of day!

Tomorrow I have an appointment with my midwife. I am over 31 weeks now but I feel SOO ready to have this baby. Honestly, this pregnancy has been hard on me. I'm really anemic which really makes me drag. I'm taking a ton of stuff for it...molasses, Floradix, iron supplements, doing the vitamin C thing, eating more greens and red meat...but I still think my levels are pretty low. At the appointment tomorrow she will check them again so I am praying they have risen a little to put me in a safer range for delivery. Also praying the little guy has flipped. Two weeks ago he was still head up...stinker. So I am hoping for lots of good news at this appointment!

I've been a weary mother lately. Parenting Violet has been much harder. She's a stubborn little one!! While she is in this totally fun stage of verbalizing so much and saying and doing so many horribly funny things, she's been quite a challenge, too. She keeps me busy to say the least!! I guess with the huge belly and having such low energy levels dealing with Violet's rough times is just that much more burdensome. Going nine more weeks like this almost seems impossible to me. I know it is not :).

So there's a bit of an update for now. More to come after my appointment tomorrow.

Comments

Rebekah said…
I am SO with you on the whole pregnancy thing. I'm not at the point where I feel "done" ... at 20 weeks, it's a little early for that. But parenting is definitely harder and more challenging, emotionally and DEFINITELY spiritually. And am I the only pregnant mom who kinda freaks out that there will be another person to care for, etc. when the one(s) you have are already giving you a run for your money? ;)

I hope your appointment goes well, and this little guy has flipped around. Lemme know if he hasn't ... there are some things you can do to "encourage" him! =)
erin said…
Ha ha, no you are not the only one! I don't know how I'll do it...but I know it'll happen somehow :). I'm not so worried about taking care of a newborn but wondering how I will manage V with less time to give her?! Thanks for the encouragement!

What do you know about helping turn a breech? I'd love to hear. Email me if you have time :). I am doing a few incline exercises but if you have other tips I'll hear em!

Popular Posts