gluten info and baby update.

I came across this article this morning and just thought it was super helpful. I often talk to people who wonder if they have a gluten sensitivity...this is a great place to start. It's long, but I think if you identify with it at all it will be a really interesting read.

Had my appointment with the midwife yesterday and things went very well. Get this: baby boy actually flipped head down while she was examining me! I guess he could still make his way back upright but she explained that they are usually upright until about now. At 29-31 weeks the baby's brain has a growth spurt. The weight of the baby's now "big" head literally pulls him down into the best position for birth. Cool, huh?

As far as my red blood cell count/iron levels they are waiting 2 more weeks to test. She put me on Alfalfa and Red Raspberry Leaf which work together to tone the muscles of the uterus, strengthening the blood vessels to prevent hemorrhage in delivery. My understanding is that even if my iron levels are low, these herbs have a good chance of preventing the issues the low RBC would have caused. She is not worried about it at all which really put me at ease! And I think I have been feeling more energy, less "anemic", over the last few days anyway so maybe all the other junk I'm taking is actually working!

Comments

Michelle said…
SOO amazing that he flipped while you were there! How great! And praying that all your levels get worked out and you really start feeling A LOT better!
Anonymous said…
Dru was upside down and backwards - totally breech- AND when they x-rayed me to get his exact position, the tech said, "Congratulations! You have a girl!" What a surprise he was! Ron said I asked several times if he was really a boy. And he really was!

Popular Posts