glass slippers.

I don't know how we got here but Violet is obsessed with all things "princess". She has a couple Disney princess stories, has seen a couple of the movies and has a Cinderella dress up dress. It really doesn't take much. She knows what she loves.

Often Violet asks me to go to the ball with her and yes, even to marry her. :) Numerous times I've seen her look down at her shoe and quietly say to herself, "That's a glass slipper."

But here are two of her best princess moments of late:

About a week ago I was bathing her and she became really anxious to get out of the bath. Lots of fussing at me and demanding she be let out of the bath. Actually it was an all out fit she was throwing. Once I scrubbed her down I put her towel on my lap and invited her out of the bath. I lifted her into my lap and instantly the crying and yelling ceased. She dramatically wiped her wet hair away from her face and exclaimed in a very damsel-like, sweet, calm voice, "OH! You've saved my life!" Considering the way most "princess stories" have the girl in distress and needing to be rescued by her prince, I'm not second guessing where she got that line.

Yesterday we were re-arranging Violet's bedroom. I took some frames down off the wall and had them stacked on a desk within her reach. On the top was an oval shaped silver frame which, if you recall, would look much like the silver magic mirror in the movie Beauty and the Beast where Beast lets Belle see her father when she was missing him. Violet picks up the frame and acknowledges that it resembles a mirror. She then grasps the frame in her arms, gazes into it and in a voice of desperation exclaims, "My faa-der (father)!" I've NEVER heard her use the word "Father" before.

She keeps us cracking up to be sure!

Comments

Kate Van said…
aren't those the times when you thank the Lord you can be at home with her to observe all those cute moments!
Lizzy said…
oh.my.gosh. tooooo cuuuttteeee!!!! i love it!
Stephanie said…
Oh, Erin! Cherish this time with just your sweet girl. I look back with wonderful memories when it was just me and Emily. Of course, I love the other 2... I'm just saying it's a special time when it's just mom and her first and only little girl. She's too cute!

Popular Posts