oatmeal's new look.


I make oatmeal everyday. Almost. For the last 3 years I have made real, old-fashioned oats or steel-cut oats on the stove 5 days a week. The other 2 days I cook eggs. I love hot breakfasts.

Oatmeal. Oh yes. We like it. It's cheap. It's oh-so-good for you.

My only complaint is that it's too hot for summer. Standing over that hot stove and then sitting over a steamy bowl are not my ideas of a summery breakfast. Why it has taken me 3 summers to address this issue I don't know!!!

So today I made granola.

It's baking now and I can smell the cinnamony sweetness and the nuts...mmmmmmmmm. I'll let you know in the morning how it turned out after I enjoy it in a bowl of COLD milk. I'll share the recipe if it's good. :)

Comments

Judy said…
Baked oatmeal is good too, with raisins, or blueberries or chocolate chips. :)
Holly said…
Most mornings we eat granola and yogurt parfaits. Granola, yogurt (vanilla or plain which I add honey to), and whatever fruit we have on hand. It is very refreshing ang great for summer, but not as cheap. On Saturdays we have started eating oatmeal buttermilk pancakes. The Gruver's recipe - They are yummy!
erin said…
Hmm so my earlier comment didn't post...Judy, I got to try baked oatmeal. And holly, mmmmm, those both sound delish!!
Anonymous said…
We eat real, old-fashioned oats and use the microwave...1/3 cup in 2/3 water, 2min. at 40% power. Ya get another bowl ready with maple syrup & butter & a few raisins, then slide the cooked oatmeal into that bowl, so you don't have to cook over a stove. Love, Grammy

Popular Posts