busy, busy.

My, oh my, how summer is flying by. We returned this afternoon from a family road trip to Fort Polk, Louisianna, which was a 6 hour drive. There we visited a highschool friend of Dru's, Rich, and his wife Kristin. It was the perfect weekend away... We felt relaxed with them and just enjoyed catching up on life, doing some sight seeing, playing Wii, swimming, etc. Kristen is 36 weeks pregnant so we can't wait to hear news of the little one before long!!

Before that my friend Carly visited. Can I call her just a friend??? Heck, no! A better description would be house keeper, fun-loving nanny, counsler, nutrition advisor, inspiritiator (sp? Or is that even a word?), listener, and yes, a dear, dear, friend. She puts up with my husband's teasing, loves on and really connects with my 2 year old, and is just a good, sweet, "old" friend to me. Really wish I could keep her around all the time. That was a wonderful week for me.

Just before Carly's visit our family friends Jen and Ryan came. Awww! Such fun to see my friend Jenny with 2 kids now!!! And those kids are little dolls. Seriously, couldn't get enough. Man, why do people have to live so far away!!!!

Violet and I did the summer reading program at the library for which she was awarded some fablous prizes...( thanks to my friends Steph and Jan for telling me about it). We are at the library every 2-3 weeks but I just assumed V was too little. Wrong!! We filled up the reading list in 1 day. :). So we are looking forward to having some fun around town before summer's done with the passes and coupons she received.

And... I am now over 24 weeks pregnant. Yikes! I'm really enjoying the pregnancy these days as I'm feeling more energy. Planning the nursery a bit, thinking about a name (we are close, maybe even have it, but this time it's a surprise), and reading about birthing all have me feeling the warm and fuzzies. Looking forward to start attending our Bradley birth classes starting at the end of the month, too.

So there's a bit of an update... For posterity, if nothing more. Hopefully, I'll be on here mire this week to do a bit more than scratch the surface.

Oh, pictured are sunflower sprouts Violet and I planted only last week. After being gone 3 days she and I were thrilled to see these popping up when we arrived home today. Hope I can keep em alive. :/


-- Post From My iPhone

Comments

Kate Thomas. said…
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you are feeling well! Sean and I are planning out Texas trip! We will probably see you in the fall!

Popular Posts