new design around the house.

Some of these things aren't so new anymore but oh well! Here's a little of what I've been working on lately. My walls are my canvas. I really think of them that way. They're not fabulous by any means, I'm just always imagining what I will do next and what I will add, improve, change. I kind of give myself liberty here. We haven't invested in furnishings or expensive things for the house but there are so many awesome inexpensive things you can do with WALLS. And I have a bit of fun working on it and get a lot of pleasure from completing projects here.

This is in Violet's playroom. The canvas on the left is her first painting. The bird and the "B" are canvases I covered with fabric, Mod Podged, then painted around a stencil (you can get the tutorial here.) On the far end is something Hosanna made fore me. She did what looks like a sketch of Violet's face but the lines are made up the the tiny words "violet eve" repeated over and over. Really, really precious. You can click on the pictures to see these bigger.


These are two photos I recently had matted and framed. The one on the left is an 8x12. Love that size for getting the whole frame. On the right is an 8x8. The frames are 16x20s.



Dru just hung these plates for me a couple weeks ago. Got these in the Target clearance (those words were just sung to a happy tune). I was looking for white plates for this very spot and was THRILLED to find these for (sit down) $1.28 each!!! Yeah, baby! They have a leafy/petal-like texture. Wanted something clean and simple for over my cabinets. Sorry, I'm not a silk plant type.





Dru's parents came to visit over Memorial Day weekend and Ron offered to help out with a project while he was here. So kind! So Dru and his dad filled our backyard bed with flowering shrubs!! I am so pleased!! We've only maintained the grass and the front bed that we already have but haven't been able to invest in any fun landscape stuff yet so this was such a blessing! Now I keep my kitchen curtains open all day and smile upon my beautiful flowers. Thanks, Ron!!

Comments

beautiful Erin. I love getting tours of people's homes! Maybe when you're here you can give me some ideas!!!
Rachel said…
looks great! i love getting ideas and inspiration from creative people. :O)
Bethany said…
Looking really nice
Mindy said…
Looks awesome! You always have such a cute house!

Popular Posts