water!!


I've been trying to come up with simple activities so keep this busy little munchkin occupied. They say idle hands are the devil's workshop and BOY do I know it! She has been really clingy lately...especially when I have something I just need to get accomplished. Seems like every time I start cooking dinner or sit down to reply to an email all hell breaks loose and she acts like I've been neglecting her for weeks! I do make time to sit and play with her daily, also to read to her at least once but usually more each day, and we walk to the park nearly everyday. But I am trying to balance here...not wanting to spoil her with too much adult time while understanding she is an only child and has no other playmates. All in all, she really does play well on her own I suppose. STILL, I'm always looking for things she can do on her own.

I was telling all of this to my friend, Solange, and she had some GREAT ideas. Why didn't I think of them myself?? So one of her ideas was to strip Violet and let her play outside with water in all different containers. V HAS LOVED THIS! I've done it several days in a row. She will play for about 30 min all on her own. Just pouring and re-pouring.

And what have I done with those 30 minutes? Sun-bathed and read the Economist (my news), of course! :)

I've also been letting Violet have little chores around the house. Oh my does she love this. So cute how she takes such pride in her little jobs!!! She now feeds Margot daily, unloads the silverware, dusts and washes windows that she can reach. And she sings and hops the whole time!! I love her. She is really so cute and such a joy to be around. I tell her often how much I love being with her cause I just can't help it.

Comments

Rachel said…
singing and hopping during her chores... too cute. the economist is my favorite news source, too. :)
Anonymous said…
Hi friend! Cute picture! Can't wait to get together.Love you!
erin said…
Rachel, I think your dad originally turned Dru on to the Economist. :)

And who is my anonymous friend??? Hmmmm...I guess, Grace??
Mindy said…
Aw, I can just picture her doing her little chores! So cute!
Anonymous said…
ups! Erin it was me Solange
erin said…
Ahhhh! Today I was thinking it just might have been you, Solange! Thanks for stopping by last night! :)
Sam said…
Erin I love this technique! I will definitely have to use this one with my busy boy Landon. Thanks for sharing!
Anonymous said…
I used to give Meghan a bucket of coloured water (with the help of food colouring)and a paint brush. She would "paint" the fence for hours then work on the back steps.

Miss you so,
Kay L.

Popular Posts