our days.

We're 19 days into the new year and I've been doing a bit of thinking. I'm thinking about plans and goals for the year...in the past I've avoided making resolutions because I figure better not to make one at all then to fail (as I probably would!!) Ha, ha, I know that's terrible :). But I felt like some loose goals would help me just feel that I'm using my time well. Anyway, at the moment, I don't have anything formally on the calendar, as in, I'm not enrolled in school and Violet isn't officially enrolled in anything. And to be honest, it feels quite nice. It's pretty amazing how many classes are out there for not-even-two-year-olds! I'd love for Violet to have the opportunity to try some fun stuff out as much or as little as she likes throughout her childhood. But I also know how important it is for little ones to have their parents just be there. That presence and relationship is so foundational. I'm thankful I can do that right now. I want to spend time learning together through everyday things. I've really enjoyed just being my little girl over the last several weeks especially. Man, and have I mentioned how much she's grown?? Shesh. It happens soooo fast. So, I have a plan and some goals to direct me and help me not feel totally aimless. Things like getting up a little earlier to get a workout in before V wakes, books I want to read etc, and those goals are coming along well so far.

I have desires and ambitions, too. Maybe my top 3 are to love others more, to take off with a small photography business, and to have another baby. Getting pregnant is probably top of the list right now. It's funny, I'm very happy with what I have. Yet there's that mothering instinct that misses the babies I don't have. Maybe that's weird, I don't know. All I'm saying is it's a tightrope walk. I want another baby and that's a fantastic thing to want! But I don't want to let it drive me or make me miserable since I'm not able to get prego like presto! I want to hope for it while being perfectly happy with what God has given me. Sometimes I give up. Sometimes it feels easier to forget about it and try not to hope. But I think the balance is better. I think giving it all to the Lord, being satisfied in Him and depending only in Him to give is the happiest place for my heart. So there. Blah! That's a little of what I'm thinkin' about.

So here's a some of Violet's recent days. Walked into the living room to find her sitting in her Bumbo seat (oops, I almost cut it out of the pic), on top of a sofa chair, reading a book to "Barrr", aka Bear.



Last week I asked Violet to help me with some baking for the first time. She LOVED it. Yikes. I'd walk away and she'd stir and stir and move batter from the bowl back into measuring cups. Sometimes humming or shouting out. Yeah, that means a good time. So this image of her just cracks me up. I had taken off her pants at nap time so she'd be more comfortable then never put them back on once she woke. So here she is in her mini Starbucks apron and no pants stirring up some cookie dough.



"HIII-YAH!"

Comments

meg said…
haha. love the picture of her on the chair.
very cute.
Mindy said…
The baking picture is awesome!
Kate Thomas. said…
Thanks for your honesty, Erin. You have a dear heart and the Lord knows your desires. You were so encouraging to me last year. I probably haven't told you how much I appreciated that. I am praying that you will be blessed with pregnancy again, soon. You are such a great mom and V is sooo cute, I can't wait to see what another little Ball will look like!
Love and miss you!
Kate Thomas. said…
Its Katie, if you didn't figure that out, i don't know why it doesn't say my name anymore...?
Rachel said…
aw, i love that picture of her on the chair, too! too cute. :)
Nettester71 said…
I will be praying for you Erin with the business and with pregnancy.

One encouragement on the photography business is to really get things down on paper for how you want it to work and figure out the business side. That is the hardest part in my opinion. I would rather people have the pictures so have not made a ton, but it is fine by me. It gives me some extra and I get people with some nice family shots.

Your daughter continues to get cuter.
erin said…
Thanks, Katie. That means a lot to me!!!

And thanks Lynette and the rest for your comments. It's always nice to hear from you all. :)
Christina said…
How do you like Lightroom? I don't do much postprocessing (really at all... sometimes a b&w conversion or a crop, but I tend to stay away from anything more), but have been thinking about investing in it.
erin said…
I'll email you, Christina. :)
Judy said…
Oh my goodness she is too cute. I love that apron. Looks like a fun time. :)
Jennifer said…
Dear Erin, I know I've dropped off the face of the earth... but I'm glad to play catch-up. Violet... oh my goodness...she has grown. What a doll.

I will pray that the Lord enables you to conceive quickly and a have a healthy pregnancy.

Thanks for sharing about your hopes and dreams. Good to hear your thoughts.

Love & Hugs,

Jennifer

Popular Posts