scan-o-grams...and a bit more



































































For my first assignment in the digital photography class I am taking, I actually had to use the scanner. Photography is literally the study of light and strange as it may seem, scanners come very close to one of the original ways prints were made. One could place an object on light-sensitive paper out in the sun for hours. An image would eventually develop on to the paper from the varying degrees to which the light touched the paper. In a similar way we were to place objects into the light of the scanner and create a narrative sequence of 6 images. I decided just to post here the 3 strongest (on the others I didn't include text, but they were mixed in with these to tell the story I was communicating.)

Our second assignment was along the theme of fear/nightmare. That was fun and got me thinking outside the box of everyday shooting of my family/life, etc. The assignment I'm working on now is comparing what is private vs. public. I'm focusing on things personal, intimate, and just experiences one goes through...expressing to the viewer ("public") what is usually kept to one's self...and I'm loving this one. I might show some of those later...if I get up the nerve :). Funny thing about me is if I'm with you face to face, I'm an open book. I'll probably tell you much MORE than you wanted to know. For some reason on this blog I have a harder time talking about what's going on with me...not that anyone would want to know anyway. Here it's easier to talk about the more public activities in our lives. It's less personal...I don't know who's reading, per se. It's all true to our lives here, and I'm glad I've been exposed to the world of blogging, glad I will have these records for my kids. Anyway, there's what's on the brain at the moment. I'm off for now...

Comments

hosanna said…
i love your pictures/scans. What a cool assignment, and i love your interpretation of it! very cool!!
Leslie said…
I'm so jealous you are taking photography classes! Keep posting your assignment projects...very cool.

Popular Posts