it's fall, ya'll.



The weather is cooling. We're opening the windows more. I love it. It's put me in the mood to knit a scarf.

I bought Violet a mini pumpkin at the grocery store about a week ago. It's been her little friend. She actually had been keeping it with the rest of her toys when she wasn't carrying it around the house. She'd scrunch up her nose and look at it and say "Awwww." Most likely, when I first saw the mini pumpkins at the store I said something like, "Oh, look at those cute-little-punk-ins!" and she picked up on the tone and has babied it ever since. Well, pumpkin carving time came a few nights ago. Dru carved it for her while she "helped" by stirring up the insides and seeds in a bowl. We put a votive on the inside, put the pumpkin on the mantel and we light it for her every night once it's dark. She loves it! She notices it and points, laughs, shrieks, whatever. Kids are fun.

Comments

Bethany said…
Holidays are better with kids huh. Happy knitting too. I am trying to finish a poncho for Addie by the end of October...it is thin yarn so it is taking forever.
Lizzy said…
so sweet...i love how violet takes such delight in life...she has you to credit for that. you're a good mommy, erin.
Mindy said…
How cute! Can't wait to see her!
Andrea said…
hey erin - i noticed on your flickr a white shirt with black headphones on it (w/ a cord hanging down). do you have a design or stencil or something for that? i would love to have a shirt like that made for zach. any ideas? are you still making them? :)
erin said…
Hey Andrea, sorry I'm just getting back to you. The shirt is made from a freezer paper stencil that I made. Google "freezer paper stencil" for how-tos. The actual image was found from searching "headphones". You can email me (go to my profile) and we can talk about it more if you want!
Anonymous said…
Hey! Realy enjoy the music,pics and you and Dru singing. Erin your doing a fabulous job!!!! Violet is becoming a little girl,WOW! I'm blessed.
see ya! Grandpa Ball










t


























i

Popular Posts