new look in the family room.

Finally got 2 of Lizelle's shots and one of mine up in the family room. Framing and displaying photos has been a big project of mine recently. I love them now that they're up, but man oh man, this was a way bigger project than I thought it'd be! All I could really afford is cheap frames from Ikea, which is okay in that I actually really like the look of these. They are definitely my style. But buying Ikea just means a bigger hassle. I cut the mats myself...no mat cutter. Ugh! I don't recommend it because it was simply painstaking. But I am happy with the way they turned out! Glad to have my girl all over my walls!



























































Moved Amy's paintings across the room.

Comments

Jen said…
Cute, but where's the surf board?
erin said…
Oh, the surfboard! It's in the attic. We took it down a year or two ago (?). Love it though I did, something so large and so yellow cannot last forever (on the family room wall, that is.). I like to change things up.
Bethany said…
Super cute. Love the brown of your walls too. If you are interested email me and I will give you some of the vendor and tips I have in regards to displaying photos and saving a little money. Course I have 5 year old photos on my shelves with frames but no mat or finishing yet. Shoemakers kids never have shoes.
Rachel said…
Fun... I did the IKEA frame/cutting my own mat thing when I redecorated over a year ago. Lots of work but the final product is great (and cheap)!
Tess Bush said…
Erin I love it! your home looks so cozy I want to come over for a cup of coffee now. :-) What a sweet girl you have to post on your wall!
Wendy said…
Love the brown color too!! And the brick paintings are cool. Great job on the pictures Erin!!

Popular Posts