our parrot.

Very recently, maybe just over the last week, Violet has begun repeating much of what we say and going from maybe 5 words (mama, dada, hi, bye, ball [pronounced "bye"]), to maybe 10 or 15. Kids are fascinating to me. Watching her learn is amazing. I'm not saying she's a genius or about to tell you the words she's saying to be showy. I'm sure every parent has been amazed as their baby transforms from a cuddly little cherub to a walking, talking, busy little one-man-show! I want to post these things here almost as one would in a baby book. Just because I never want to forget them. I hope as she becomes more active and her speech improves that I post lots of the funny things she says and does so we always remember.

This morning she smacked me in play and I said "Ouch!". Instantaneously, she replied, "Ouch", clear as day, though I'd never heard her say it before.

We have enchiladas at least once a week around here. When I served them a few days ago she began repeating, "La-da!", over and over. Dru's parents were here for that so over the next couple of days Sally would prompt V saying, "en-cha...!" to which Violet would enthusiastically reply, "LA-DA!". Super cute hearing the two of them go back and forth like this.

We've gone over animal sounds just from reading books or whatever. A couple weeks ago she started saying "Neh" for "what a horse says". But then yesterday I mentioned a sheep while speaking to someone else. V looked at me with a big smile and said, "Beh!" Ha! So fun! So I asked her what a cow says, and what a goat says, and what a horse says to which she at least replied the correct consonant sound. It's just cool to see her making the connections now.

Comments

amber said…
That's so funny--I can't wait to hear more of her little voice. I hope she always says "HI!" the way she does now, though. It is just too cute. You should record it!

It's good you are starting to write these kinds of things now. I love reading back over my old calendars where I wrote down what Caroline said and did (pre-blog). It just gets wordier from here on out!
Mindy said…
Aw, thanks for sharing her new words! So fun!

Popular Posts