first art.

Violet did her first painting last week! This was so fun. She has colored before but I can only imagine the brilliant paint colors being a much more satisfying product for her. She made quite a mess, even had to taste it (Amber tells me it's normal for little ones to want a sample...the paint was non-toxic, and one lick was enough to tell her she DID NOT want any more of that!) Here's a few pictures:


Little artists ready to work those canvases!





































Oh, she was a MESS!! She went straight to the tub!





















Finally examining her masterpiece.























Look, Ma!














Here's a link worth sharing to a blog on incorporating art into your young child's life. It's really inspired me to just let her get her hands dirty and start experimenting. Check out The Artful Parent.

Comments

Mindy said…
Oh that is so cute! I love her picture! And she looked like she had a blast doing it...and tasting it. The pictures made me laugh.
Bekah said…
Such a good idea! How fun that you actually got canvases....very cool! What a fun mommy you are!
Kate Van said…
Soo cute! and I love the baby doll she's clinging to.
Gail said…
Erin, Tom looks a lot like Violet when he finishes painting!
amber said…
Those are great pictures! The one you took of Caro painting is better than any I have taken--I need a copy! :)

I like the one of V posing with her painting. We need to do this again soon!
erin said…
Gail! I didn't know you read this! I'm so glad to hear from you, even in a little comment. I think of you guys all the time. xo Love, Erin
Anonymous said…
I can't stop laughing at the one of you holding her... She looks like she's drunk on paint! Ahhhhhahahahahah!!!!!
Mimi said…
I love the picture of Violet studying her finished painting, so cute!! I enjoyed the link to The Artful Parent, thanks for passing it along.
Michelle said…
I love the canvas idea...never thought of that! We've done some painting and the boys love it...the problem after one day of doing it, though, is that they think we should do it EVERYDAY! Not quite up for that, but it is so fun to see them into it and have a blast!

Popular Posts